Supply Center Representatives work closely with the Life Technologies consumable and instrument sales reps to optimize the inventory and customer experience of onsite stocking programs to ensure continued growth of Supply Centers. They also assist sales processes in assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans. Understand and use product features, benefits and applications along with selling and business-building skills to successfully promote the sale of products to achieve or exceed the assigned territory growth plan. Serve as a driver of business development at assigned major customer call points to penetrate and grow current and new business.
Knowledge of the Life Technologies Consumables portfolio, scientific background, customer service skills are essential. Ability to work and excel in a team environment is necessary to be successful.
Performance and skills
- Apply working knowledge of Consultative and Strategic Selling skills to maintain existing business, develop incremental business in existing accounts, and to develop new customers.
- Demonstrate use of selling skills in the field, such as creating value propositions, connecting with the customer, and asking high gain questions to uncover sales opportunities.
Account and time management
- Ensure that customers have a positive experience and confidence with inventory within the Supply Center by maintaining merchandising standards, branding standards, and proper inventory quantity and product mix and maintain equipment condition
- Ensure the proper mix of products in the Supply Center to match the ever changing needs of the customers that use the SC by adding and deleting products and supporting new product introductions
- Communicate key competitive activities, trends, and changing customer development plans and priorities, which includes new customers.
- Execute and assist with product shows, seminars, on-site promotions, marketing, and other on-site promotional events
- Work hand in hand with the SC Customer Service to ensure speedy resolution of customer issues.
- Attain or exceed channel growth targets.
Communication verbal and written
- Provide regularly oral and written communication of successes, failures, best practices etc. to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
- Contact and return calls to research scientists at all accounts for sales presentations, information through telephone, e-mail or personal visits daily
- Learn and / or demonstrate required computer skills within the requirements of the job description.
- Maintain assigned equipment and tools provided by the Company in clean and working condition.
- Communicate account objectives and action plans to management via Sales Reports and other communication vehicle.
- Field travel as necessary (approx. 4-5 days per week)
- Complete assigned tasks and reports in a timely and complete manner.
- Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities.
- Track personal time, sick days and vacation
Corporate policy and procedures compliance
Maintain familiarity with Company policies and procedures and strive to present a professional image as a Company ambassador.
Support marketing programs and programs as assigned by Sales.
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of related work experience and/or 2 years of related sales experience.
- Bilingual English and French
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- In-depth knowledge of Molecular Biology is preferred.
- Knowledge of account in territory preferred.
- Experience with customer contact, teaching or public speaking helpful.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or like programs helpful.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join