Provide human resources and organizational expertise to the Life Sciences Mass Spec site in San Jose, CA with a primary focus on our operations and quality teams. This includes partnering with local leadership and employees on building organizational capabilities, employee relations, recruitment and selection, assisting with integration activities and driving forward change management initiatives. The successful candidate will have a strong HR generalist background including experience driving change, shaping culture, developing talent, and managing governance, risk, and compliance. Key duties include:
- Execute human resources strategies in all HR functional areas, programs and practices such as talent management, compensation, staffing, on-boarding, succession planning, employee relations, and performance. management, organization effectiveness, training and development, and HR policies.
- Partner with site leaders and employees to enhance business results by enabling a positive culture and driving increased level of employee engagement.
- Work closely with the HR leadership on talent management initiatives including employee assessment, development, organization effectiveness, and succession planning.
- Participate in full cycle recruitment efforts in order to attract, motivate, and retain a diverse workforce that delivers results. Partner with the Talent Acquisition COE to drive recruitment strategies and processes including review and approval of requisitions, participation on interview panels, effective utilization of the internship program, and execution of the new employee on-boarding activities.
- Manage employee relations at the site to enhance workforce performance and productivity. Identify and address people and organizational risk. Conduct organization health assessments. Recommend and implement strategies for maintaining a positive work environment. Conduct employee relations investigations and provide recommendations for resolution. Ensure compliance with all country laws, statutes, and regulations.
- Measure and drive improvement of key HR metrics/scorecard by analyzing data and providing recommendations to leadership to enable strong business decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning program is required, with majors in Human Resources or a related field. Master’s degree desirable.
- PHR and/or other Professional Certifications desirable
- Minimum 2 years of related generalist work experience supporting a manufacturing or industrial setting.
- Demonstrated success translating business strategies into organizational and HR strategies and actions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize requests, while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced multi-shift, multi-building environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self motivated; bias for action.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), along with demonstrated ability to build positive professional relationships, influence leaders and use negotiation skills with various levels in the organization is required.
- Ability to provide concise, articulate and insightful analysis in written and verbal form, as well as translate into effective presentations.
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join