When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Fisher BioServices, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the industry leader in the management of critical biological materials to support the advancement of cell therapy, GMP biologics, and population-based public health research. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. We offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. http://www.fisherbioservices.com/
To be responsible for the tactical and strategic global supply chain function.
Specific functional responsibilities include demand and inventory planning, procurement/replenishment of inventory from suppliers, strategic planning for distribution and logistics, supply chain technology requirements and continued development/management of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for these functions. The primary objective for this position is to achieve an overall competitive advantage for the company through market leading supply chain performance; this includes standardizing practices across several locations. As a leader you must also create a culture of providing best-in-class customer service while efficiently managing costs that govern the efficiency of
Requirements of the Role:
- Leading a team you will; build and establish a coordinated approach to managing our Global supply chain, overseeing and orchestrating supply chain business processes from a global strategic level to a site tactical level.
- Responsible for delivering realistic and achievable operational plans with associated plan attainment and schedule adherence metrics.
- In support of supply chain business needs, manage development and implementation of decision support systems.
- Oversee ongoing support of existing inventory management programs and processes.
- Provide Management tools, services and IT guidance to effectively enhance our infrastructure.
- Motivate and inspire the planning organization to provide continuous improvements and optimization of processes while delivering customer service that meet or exceed established targets.
- Manage relationship with Client Services and provide processes for affecting the inventory plan based upon changes in the marketplace.
- Direct the development and implementation of Supply Chain Management tools for measuring, monitoring and proactively addressing planning/procurement issues.
- Instill a sense of urgency and ownership with regard to service level and inventory investment goals.
- Coach and development employees to full potential, focusing on positive change for the business.
- Plan, organize and set priorities for the operation of the department; assess departmental needs, evaluate others’ performance, prepare a variety of reports and interpret data accurately.
- In partnership with other functions, select and implement “best practice” systems of work.
- Deliver commercial requirements of the business working closely with Sales and Marketing
- Deliver operational requirements working closely with operations teams both in UK and US, client services, purchasing and finance
- Manage master data and ensuring data integrity
- Coordination of SIOP process and ensuring the effectiveness of the SIOP process
- Manage global inventory level reporting and deliver inventory requirements for the business
- Responsibility for establishing range and portfolio processes and the ongoing management. Including ABC classification of services based on speed of rotation, revenue generation, margin contribution and component criticality
- Establish optimal safety stock levels
- Deliver strategies for rotation and obsolescence management
- Meet and exceed targets set for OTIF, Overdue PO value, Forecast Accuracy, Lead time Performance, DOS and availability
- Maintenance of MRP master data parameters for established services.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on Business, Supply Chain Management, Mathematics, Engineering, or Logistics is preferred. Equivalent relevant experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5 - 7 years of planning, purchasing, inventory or combined experience is required.
- Experience with MRP replenishment process and level loading planning.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives and while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- In depth knowledge of MRP systems and reporting software
- Ability to work with or find logic in complex situations
- Possess strong analytical and quantitative skills and excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong proficiency with Excel and MS Office.
- Global Travel will be required (20%)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. Apply today at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join