As our University Relations Recruiter, you know that today’s graduates have different needs, plans, and demands than graduates of the past. As the movement beyond traditional recruitment methods continues, we need you to promote our innovative brand, values, and mission through positive campus connections, a robust social media presence, and nurtured candidate relationships on their favorite platforms. Your work will support the recruitment of leadership development program and internship roles.
- Ensure and support our UR social media marketing strategy to a broad, diverse group with branding initiatives that attract early talent as a desired place to work and where young professionals can continue learning and growing
- Make positive connections and network with the right influencers at targeted and diverse campus locations with the right clubs, associations, and student groups to introduce/develop our brand, network with prospective candidates, and position us as an employer of choice
- Support and participate in the recruitment of leadership development programs and internship roles by partnering with hiring managers and talent management leaders.
- Set realistic recruiting goals based on supply, demand, research, demographics, and other fact-based criteria for comprehensive marketplace knowledge awareness
- Contribute to building and executing a solid foundation and university recruiting strategy that supports our future, full-time hiring needs
- Communicate and connect with college students to show how their educational investment translates into career opportunities with us in varying fields and across the globe
- Participate in projects as needed to continue to build the UR function. Examples include: compensation and salary reviews, digital employment branding initiatives, and UR reporting effectiveness
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or equivalent work experience
- Three or more years of experience of successful recruitment experience, campus/university relations experience preferred
- Three or more years of experience assessing and identifying the needs of Hiring Managers and developing and implementing creative recruitment strategies for university and diverse talent.
- Experience in TA systems such as Applicant Tracking Systems and CRMs (Kenexa BrassRing and/or SmashFly is strongly preferred).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong presentation, organization, and communication skills with an understanding of how to attract today’s leading talent through common technology and social platforms.
- Ability to provide and aggregate information for easy candidate consumption.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal/state/regional employment law and equal employment guidelines and policies including the principles and practices of staffing administration including methods and techniques used in recruitment and selection, classification and compensation, and training.
- Experienced in managing global recruiting processes and candidate research in either in house or retained search firm.
- Understanding of relevant functional roles. Including acronyms, candidate behavior, market trends, and how to apply your curiosity to seek and engage premier talent.
- Teamwork/collaboration expertise with significant experience in team/project-oriented activities.
- Ability to communicate research findings to HM audience to influence the direction of the search strategy through methodologies such as talent and market mapping.
- Demonstrated success using TA systems such as Applicant Tracking Systems and CRMs (Kenexa BrassRing and/or SmashFly strongly preferred).
- Superior interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the standard features of various personal computer word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, and other proprietary software).
- Results-oriented to ensure delivery of appropriate products and services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join