As our University Relations (UR), Diversity Sourcing Recruiter, you will be a driving force behind our UR diversity talent attraction and engagement strategy.
You will work to support and implement strategic sourcing approaches to engage top talent from colleges and universities. Your sourcing strategies will attract and build a diverse early talent candidate pipeline and assist recruiters to present quality, diverse candidate slates for open positions.
This role reports to the Senior Manager University Relations and is a member of the Global Talent Attraction team, a subset within Talent Acquisition. You and others on the team are knowledgeable influencers and trend setters for successful campus recruitment and brand promotion.
- Research and analyze external talent pools, partner organizations, and events to create customized recruitment approach by pipeline
- Lead effort to develop, enhance, and maintain relationships with current and new diversity organizations and partnerships
- Identify, evaluate, and present new recruitment sources and networking opportunities that will generate quality, diverse slates
- Partner with campus recruiting teams to establish and maintain relationships with diverse universities including HBCU’s, student diversity organizations, and faculty
- Leverage various knowledge and technologies to actively research, develop, and implement sourcing strategies. This includes deep strategic, analytical thinking and application of various data analytics, sourcing/recruitment channels, and tools.
- Proactively copartner with Sourcing and Recruitment Marketing leaders and teams to support Talent Attraction goals
- Provide support within and between the team in order to increase the reach and exposure of the TA team and to the rest of business
- Conduct ongoing review of results against established KPIs
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent amount of relevant work experience
- Three or more years of recruitment and sourcing experience with special emphasis using demonstrated successful, unique sourcing skills and highly skilled evolution of candidate care moving the best candidates from prospects to candidates to applicants, and partnership with other TA team members to successfully co-manage and smoothly transition responsibilities.
- Three or more years of experience assessing and identifying the needs of Hiring Managers and developing and implementing creative recruitment strategies for university and diverse talent.
- Experience in TA systems such as Applicant Tracking Systems and CRMs (Kenexa BrassRing and/or SmashFly is strongly preferred).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal/state/regional employment law and equal employment guidelines and policies including the principles and practices of staffing administration including methods and techniques used in recruitment and selection, classification and compensation, and training.
- Experienced in managing global recruiting processes and candidate research in either in house or retained search firm.
- Understanding of relevant functional roles. Including acronyms, candidate behavior, market trends, and how to apply your curiosity to seek and engage premier talent.
- Teamwork/collaboration expertise with significant experience in team/project-oriented activities.
- Ability to communicate research findings to HM audience to influence the direction of the search strategy through methodologies such as talent and market mapping.
- Demonstrated success using TA systems such as Applicant Tracking Systems and CRMs (Kenexa BrassRing and/or SmashFly strongly preferred).
- Superior interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated proficiency skills with the standard features of various personal computer word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, and other proprietary software).
- Results-oriented to ensure delivery of appropriate products and services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join