The QC Scientist carries out quality control testing in accordance with the test specifications and methods, for a designated product group or groups, to ensure testing is completed within schedule.
This role has accountability for supporting the delivering of results in line with the site strategy (strategic A3) through the target achievement of key metrics namely;
- Delivery (Schedule Adherence)
- Training and development
- Engagement and attendance
- Continuous improvement
- Role-model the Thermo Fisher 4I Values and use as a day-to-day guide in decision making.
- Carry out Quality Control Testing in accordance with Oxoid test specifications and methods
- Ensure all test results are recorded within the SAP Quality Management module
- Plan, track and control the progress of products under test, and provide accurate availability dates to planning and customer services
- Release of raw materials and finished product against defined specifications
- Ensure processes and procedures are carried out in accordance with the laboratory and company Quality Systems
- Alerting the QC Team Leader of potential problems/failures and assist with further investigation
- Build and maintain effective working relationships to ensure robust collaboration cross-functionally and with key stakeholders (key interfaces include QC Supervisor, QC Team Leader, QA, Manufacturing Sciences, Production, Customer Services and Planning) to ensure customer service level targets are met
- Taking direction from the QC Team Leader regarding prioritisation of finished product and raw material testing.
- Assist with coaching, training and qualification of personnel to acquire all skills necessary to performance product and material testing in a safe and quality manner
- Engage in continuous improve using the PPI lean methodology including standard work and tier meetings. Use PPI processes to solve problems and improve departmental and business processes
- To fulfill the responsibilities of the position as defined in the Oxoid Health, Safety and Environmental policies and associated Codes of Practice. To actively promote Health and Safety awareness of all other employees.
- Degree in Microbiology/Chemistry related subject (or equivalent experience in industry)
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Decision Quality - Attention to detail and a systematic approach
- Problem Solving - Effective in technical and organisational troubleshooting to root cause
- Communicates openly creating collaborative relationships by developing strong work relationships, displaying integrity and building trust across functions
- Drive for Results - Delivering consistent results by being action oriented, demonstrating organizational agility, planning effectively and setting priorities.
- Experience in basic laboratory skills and techniques (pipetting, swabbing, streaking, pouring plates etc).
- Good numeracy skills, and ability to read and follow methods / SOPs precisely.
- Significant experience of quality control testing within a microbiology laboratory environment
- Composure – Able to remain calm and work methodically under pressure
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Significant experience in using SAP, and MS Office software packages.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join