- Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation of Chromatography systems
- Must be client-focused, working in conjunction with other ULS teams and Sales
- Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks
- Review reports and documentation from customers and inspect malfunctioning product to determine nature and scope of problem
- Analyze review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action
- Coordinate problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs
- Analyze chemistry reports of technical problems to recommend modifications to eliminate future problems
- Provide a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer
- Develop and conduct training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma and Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years hands-on experience as a Service Engineer, particularly working with analytical instrumentation, or 3 or more years relevant industry experience
- Effective communication skills and ability to establish good customer rapport are essential
- Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
- Ability to work independently within a customer location
- Must be available to travel overnight up to 40% within the territory or other areas as required
- Essential Functions and Physical Requirements
- Ability to safely lift 50 Lbs with assistance on occasion.
- Ability to safely lift and carry 25-30 Lbs continuously throughout the day.
- Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Sciences or related field
- Hands-on experience with Chromatography (HPLC, IC) systems
Location: The territory primarily covers Massachusetts, with occasional coverage in Rhode Island, Connecticut, Maine, and New Hampshire. This position will be based remotely within the territory, ideally in the Boston or Cambridge area, with overnight travel required up to 40%.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join