When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Manufacturing Technician performs assembly, integration and final testing of components,
subassemblies and systems. This position uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate
operating data, which is used to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment. The Technician works with team members to develop methods and procedures to
control or modify the manufacturing process and works with engineers to conduct experiments. This position also leads continuous improvement activities and maintains the highest standards for workplace safety and quality.
Specific deliverables associated with this position include:
- Perform final test using detailed work instructions.
- Collect data from final test and enter into database, as well as analyze data to make process decisions.
- Assist in set up or selection of specialized equipment.
- Performs wide variety of troubleshooting to identify problems.
- Perform machine set-up and calibration.
- Rebuild manufacturing equipment if needed to ensure operability.
- Less than 10% travel.
- The shift is Monday through Friday with some overtime required.
The successful applicant for this position will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically a higher secondary education is required, or a combination of education and experience that demonstrate the required skills.
- Troubleshooting skills at the component and system level.
- Test or operation of electromechanical systems, including collection of test or operational data.
- Computer skills on Windows based and Office related programs (Word, Outlook and Access)
- Able to read detailed drawings and relate the information to real equipment.
- Able to follow detailed work instructions and perform the process.
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Able to safely lift and manipulate up to 35 pounds.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Physics background a plus.
- High vacuum systems experience a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join