Job Title: Content Marketing Manager
Requisition ID: 58952BR
Location: Carlsbad, CA
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
We are looking for a talented and creative Content Marketing Manager to join the Biosciences Division’s (BID) Integrated Market Development team. The Content Marketing Manager will lead the execution of our content marketing strategies, which involves the creation of compelling content assets to support our divisional campaigns and projects, primarily focused on brand and thought leadership content as well as sales enablement material.
The successful individual will be able to collaborate intensely with divisional campaign managers, partner divisions, multiple business units, regions, channels and supporting functions (web, creative services, brand, digital teams, demand generation and customer loyalty teams) and will be extremely comfortable working in a highly matrixed organization.
What will you do?
- Create high-quality and engaging content pieces to support divisional thought- leadership and brand-level campaigns and programs, as well as programs being executed at the regional, sales channel and business-unit levels
- Perform content gap analyses and work to fill identified gaps that will drive customers more effectively through the buyer journey
- Work with the internal creative services team and divisional operations to effectively curate and manage content assets enabling simple updates and repurposing to target relevant audiences
- Lead operating mechanisms to share content development plans and execution with various stakeholders
- Work with third party vendors to assist in the creation of content assets as necessary
- Report out content performance to relevant stakeholders and marketing leadership working with the divisional analytics teams
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of life science background
- Demonstrated technical or creative writing, with the ability to simplify complex ideas and articulate through various media formats
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as a team, handling multiple conflicting priorities
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Fast and self-starter learner, with ability to work in a dynamic team adapting quickly to a changing environment
- Good understanding of digital media and how they influence customer behaviour
- Creative individual, who can generate unique and impactful content ideas as well as devise efficient ways to execute
- Strong time management skills and deadline driven
- Background in journalism/ editorial mindset
- 2-3 years commercial/ customer facing experience (sales, technical/ field support, marketing)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join