At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission — enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Job Title: Global Strategic Account Manager Analytical Chemistry Solutions
Reports To: VP Commercial Excellence
Group/Division: AIG/CMD (Chromatography and Analytical Technologies Division (part of Thermo Scientific Analytical Instruments Group)
Position Location: Switzerland or any EMEA country
The Global Strategic Account Manager is chartered to drive incremental revenue growth for CMD’s broad product portfolio within the specified global strategic accounts globally. This position will manage the interface and coordination of sales, vertical marketing, and application specialists across various CMD businesses to generate key sales opportunities and lead specific projects which will maximize capture of share of spend and partner at the highest levels with the customer.
- Expand sales potential and market share and revenue within assigned global accounts
- Manage the interface between CMD sales, vertical marketing, Corporate account managers and regional sales specialists (e.g biopharma) in charge of these specific accounts.
- Establish Global agreements with the assigned global accounts like Global pricing agreement, preferred supplier status agreement, T&Cs…
- Coordinate internal efforts to document RFI and RFQs
- Own the global account strategy including relationship, metrics, and financial objectives.
- Identify “technology leaders” within assigned global accounts Lead key projects like product evaluations, VIP days and any added value initiatives for the customer.
- Interface at the highest levels with the global strategic accounts to develop a commercial strategy that delivers sustainable growth for all CMD products.
- Escalate important issues in a systematic and orderly manner through established stakeholder channels
- Deep understanding of global accounts organization and ability to develop trust and valued relationships with major decision makers, clarify goals, and reach agreements.
- Coordinate efforts with all functional teams across CMD and Thermo Fisher, including CMD regional commercial sales and COE teams, CMD global marketing and vertical marketing, CMD Business Units, Unity Lab Services, Corporate Account and Focused Account Team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; scientific discipline strongly preferred (chemistry or biochemistry). MBA or professional business education highly desirable
- 5 years minimum experience in sales and business development or senior commercial roles as a strategic account executive
- Experience in industry, academia, clinical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology or laboratory sales
- Understanding of Pharma/Biopharma laboratory processes, workflows and regulations in the industry.
- Proven track record of successful capture of increasing business from key account in private sector
- Strong commercial project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, with initiative, and good business judgment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, high-value accounts in a matrix environment
- A strong team player with proven ability to coordinate activities and influence actions across a team of resources not directly reporting. Willing to take the initiative with people. Good listener. Empathic.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Understanding of international business
- Must be a fluent in English; other languages would be considered advantageous.
- Willingness and ability to travel at least 20-30%
- Embodies the 4-I Values (Acts with integrity. Achieves results through intensity, innovation, and involvement)
- Builds Customer Allegiance (Delights and ensures trust with internal and/or external customers)
- Communicates openly (Communicates honestly and effectively with subordinates, peers, manager, & senior leaders)
- Drives Growth (Shows passion, commitment, a strong results focus, and an understanding of the goal tree)
- Leverages Business Acumen (Makes profitable business decisions, incorporates contingency planning into strategies, and makes data-based decisions)
- Develops People Including Self (Practices self-development and champions employee development and growth)
- Embraces PPI (Embraces Continuous Improvement by using PPI to improve processes & solve problems)
- Drives Continuous Learning (Raises the bar on processes and results)
- Builds Organizational Relationships (Promotes collaboration, builds teamwork, and leads by example)
- Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organization
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Company pension scheme
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join