As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 18 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
We are looking for a Sourcing Specialist to join our developing Sourcing and Purchasing team of 12 procurement professionals in Vantaa. The team is responsible for procurement of materials and services needed for production of scientific instruments, consumables and reagents. This is a fixed term position for 13 months starting as soon as possible.
- Supplier management, including contract and price negotiations
- Supplier development to improve quality and total costs of purchased materials
- Sourcing and selection of suppliers in accordance with Corporate and Divisional strategies
- Overall responsibility for operational purchasing tasks to ensure continuous material flow within inventory targets
- Participation in R&D projects to source and purchase materials
- Participation in production transfer projects
- 3 years of sourcing/purchasing experience in mechanical and/or electric/electronics manufacturing industry and/or sub-contractors
- Experience in SRM and SRM development, agreement negotiations and purchasing in a manufacturing industry
- Degree in Engineering or Economics
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written Finnish and English
- Experience in using MS office programs as well as ERP systems
- Good team working skills
- Project working experience
- Analytical mindset
We look forward to receiving your application! Please apply through our career site jobs.thermofisher.com and include a motivation letter and CV. We appreciate if you can include your salary expectation in your application.
For additional information please contact Senior Sourcing Manager Matti Takalokastari on 050 5944 385 Wednesday the 13th of December between 16-17 and Friday the 15th of December between 8-9.
The application deadline is Thursday the 21st of December.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join