Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Contributes to achieving plant and divisional goals and objectives by supporting ISO/FDA by following procedures, work instructions and ensuring accurate documentation.
- Supports continuous improvement throughout facility
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain system of ordering materials, supplies and equipment
- Communicate with all department reps for supplies and budget guidelines
- Returns processing/credits
- Invoice problem resolution
- Confirmation of order quantity, pricing and availability
- Order follow-up (telephone/email communication)
- Ensures accuracy of all orders
- Creation of purchase orders
- Communication of orders to vendors
- Ensures audit compliance and order accuracy
- 2+ years of Administrative experience
- Inventory/Purchasing background preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join