When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Independently performs, verifies, and provides feedback/analysis on complex and varied services relating to chemical management (chemical review/assessment, chemical container tracking including parcel receipt, registration and delivery, and tracking of hazardous waste) for a varied client base.
- Perform advanced functional tasks/operations within the chemical management database
- Provide advanced chemical assessments as required in support of Research operations
- Perform specific tasks associated with the receipt, registration, tracking and reconciliation of compressed gas cylinders within the chemical management database
- Partner with clients to identify special reporting needs; Develop and execute said reports
- Conducting/coordinating/supporting a physical inventory (‘Lab Audit’) program for the site
- Provide Lead support for onsite chemical storage, review, evaluation, and purge
- Provide Lead support for proprietary segregation code assignment
- Provide chemical management system training to clients and team
- Sustain and maintain chemical stockroom inventory (if applicable)
- Reviewing, creating, and maintaining company data log sheets
- Performing Area Audits of cross-functional areas within Unity Lab Services
- Providing customer support as needed to clients (EHSS, R&D, QAL, Ops)
Occasional Relief Responsibilities (as dictated by staff workload requirements):
- Pickup of hazardous waste
- Registration of chemicals into a chemical database
- Delivery of chemical packages within a laboratory environment
- Radioactive isotope parcel receipt and processing
- Ordering of stockroom supplies
- Bachelor's degree in a science-related field.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values.
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Have demonstrated initiative in previous work experience.
- Expanded tactical thinking that considers the impact on the broader organization.
- Show concern for well being & success of others.
- Must possess a high level of communication skills to provide guidance to others in performing the work, to effectively present information and respond to questions or customer service requests and interact with various levels of the customer’s organization.
- Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective action and preventive customer service.
- Must be organized and detail oriented to be able to prioritize own and other’s work and meet business productivity metrics.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves .
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses.
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join