About Thermo Fisher Scientific
We seek an experienced Finance professional with excellent analysis and communication skills to support the Laboratory Equipment (LE) as an Operations Financial Analyst. Reporting to the Global Operations Finance Manager, the position will be based in Asheville, NC, though we will consider someone at our Corporate Headquarters in Waltham, MA, but Asheville is where we prefer the person be located..
The successful candidate will support Operations Finance across our Laboratory Products Division and will also support a variety of Division level objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the daily and weekly reporting of financial metrics and scorecards for the operations team, ensuring timely submission from the local sites. Provide recommendations to enhance the current reporting tools.
- Assist in consolidating and preparing divisional Monthly Business Reviews and quarterly deliverables for Corporate reporting.
- Support LE’s margin reporting while continually developing enhanced analytics for various key strategic initiatives to improve delivery and productivity.
- Coordinate timelines and deliverables related to forecasting, AOP, and close efficiency and effectiveness. Drive continuous improvement in key processes.
- Assist in the review of Capital Expenditure reporting and forecasting globally.
- Support the Operations Finance Manager in developing and coaching the FLDP (Financial Leadership Development Program) Participants who will rotate into/out of the business every six months.
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc reporting as required by finance and business leadership.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related fields.
- Must have 3 or more years of Finance experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to translate and articulate business impact in financial terms.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate professionally to all levels of an organization.
- Strong Excel and modeling skills, experience with Hyperion highly valuable.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work as part of team environment and individually.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated, with the willingness and ability to learn new concepts.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) at all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with functional leaders toward a common goal of achieving business objectives.
- Must work effectively in a dynamic environment and manage a diverse set of responsibilities across multiple business areas.
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and to handle multiple assignments.
- He/she embodies the Thermo Fisher Scientific values of Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join