When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of
a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing
global organisation you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17
billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources
and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Currently we are looking for Application Specialist - Chromatography.
- Responsible for active participation in the Chromatography & TEA sales support team and to achieve their identified goals and participate in achievement of the team goals with strong focus on our Chromatography product lines (mainly HPLC; second focus on GC).
- Personally responsible to manage their allocated application/demonstration/training requests ensuring timely and efficient, top-class delivery of customer demonstrations and demo reports, application methods and apps notes, customer training and other activities working closely with sales colleagues and other responsible colleagues within the CMD organization. Close co-operation with other product lines is required to make best use of available resources and customer requirements.
- Provides high quality and effective pre- and post-sales support working closely with factory based product and vertical marketing teams, other product line, service and sales teams. When developing applications and performing customer demonstrations will ensure that methods developed and best practices are shared with other members of the team and the responsible manager.
- Must make daily use of SalesForce.com (SFDC) to track activities which must be linked to opportunities so as to develop comprehensive knowledge of prospects and customers and Thermo Fisher Scientific’s interactions with them.
- Ensures training activities are provided to the customer in a timely manner while focusing on customer satisfaction and on a continually improving customer relationship leading to future business opportunities with the customer. Personally responsible for the relationship with the customer.
- Participate in the development of training materials and programs in cooperation with sales, factory, service and marketing teams.
- Personally responsible for identifying training needs and ensuring that their capabilities and competencies meet the needs and requirements of the sales support team for the relevant product line.
- Since business needs are constantly evolving must be responsive to, plan for and embrace change.
- Responsible to identify potential marketing and sales collateral by monitoring demos and apps projects and sharing such work/results with responsible manager.
- Communicate market intelligence and VOC information obtained during customer demonstrations and in the field to the responsible manager.
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar
- Driving License
- Excellent relevant product line knowledge with several years hands-on product experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- Ability to speak the “technical language” of the customer
- Good self-organizational skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region
- Strong Customer Focus Skills
- The ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines and targets
- Must be flexible and prepared to undertake tasks as required
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- A good level of interpersonal and organisational skills