At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title: Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) Business Development Specialist (RHBDS) for Reproductive Health
Reports to: APJ GSD/CSD Commercial Leader
Group / Division: GSD
Career Band: 8
Job Sub Family:
Position Location: India
Number of Direct Reports: 1
The RHBDS will create and generate growth for the GSD CSD vertical of Reproductive Health. They will execute commercial strategy and tactics to build sustainable and scalable growth of the GSD/CSD Reproductive Health portfolio across all of APJ.
The RHBDS will drive the sales growth through their own well-developed customer relationships combined with territory/marketing/sales opportunities. The RHBDS will achieve the growth of the Reproductive Health portfolio through influence, collaboration and cooperation with regional commercial, channel and global business partners.
- Execute on the APJ GSD CSD Commercial strategy to deliver improving growth for the GSD CSD Reproductive Health portfolio through strategy aimed at developing a defendable/strengthening position in the targeted markets segments.
- Be accountable for and deliver the APJ Reproductive Health target by planning, forecasting and creating/managing /driving the Reproductive Health opportunities across APJ.
- Collaboratively working with other functions such as Service and Support to develop strategy and infrastructure to deliver responsive instrument service and technical support. This will deliver the best possible ownership experience that will generate increasing levels of Customer Loyalty and business success for the Clinical/Applied customers.
- Financial and Operational:
- Measure, update, analyze and seek improvement in the daily operations through Daily Management Boards/Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for the APJ GSD CSD Commercial team. Also monitor KPIS for the interactions that Service/Support teams have with the Clinical/Applied customers.
- Report on performance and outputs of the APJ Reproductive Health team to Global and Regional commercial and functional stakeholders.
- Be the customer advocate and expert for Reproductive Health. Constantly maintain and build higher levels of customer contact and intimacy to build understanding of Reproductive Health Customer needs.
- Help drive remediation of customer complaints and issues to improve customer experience and loyalty.
- Be the Champion and Leader at Regional level for building and monitoring Customer Loyalty as measured by the Customer Allegiance Score (CAS) with the Reproductive Health Customers.
- Business /Market Development:
- In conjunction with Regional Market Development team greater and implement Strategic and Tactical Marketing development plans to drive market penetration, market share acquisition, successful new product introductions and revenue growth in the targeted APJ Reproductive Health markets.
- Though Market Research and Voice of the Reproductive Health Customer identify opportunities for business expansion through increased revenue/orders growth.
- Global Reproductive Health Leadership
- Global Reproductive Health Product Development
- APJ GSD CSD Commercial leadership
- APJ GSD CSD Commercial Market Development
- APJ Territory GSD CSD Commercial Sales and Marketing
- APJ Service/Support and Customer Care
- Reproductive Health Customers
- Reproductive Health Service Providers
- APJ and Global Channel Partners
- Territory Distribution Channel partners
Working experience in Clinical Applied industries/organizations resulting in a well developed understanding the current and changing needs of the Clinical Applied markets.
At least 10 years experience within a multinational company.
Tertiary qualification in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or similar would be favorable.
Experience and success as a Sales/Commercial in the science industry is essential.
- Tertiary qualification in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or similar.
- Clinical Applied working experience.
- At least 5-10 years sales experience.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others.
- Excellent presentation, organizational, motivating and strategic planning skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to successfully interact with staff to problem solve to achieve goals.
- Assertively drive for superior results.
Other Job Requirements:
- Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join