When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for a
Field based Technical Sales Specialist (f/m), Antibodies and Immunoassays Systems focus on the QuantiGene® range.
Requisition ID: 59064BR
The successful candidate will have the ability to build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and life science customers, position and sell relevant products across customer applications. The Antibodies and Immunoassays Systems portfolio contains innovative, high quality reagents to researchers worldwide that empower the process of scientific discovery with a strong focus on the areas of cellular immunity, immunotherapy and oncology. Our extensive portfolio of leading edge cell analysis products and technologies focused on flow cytometer and immunodetection position our customers to be at the forefront of science. With the inclusion of branched DNA technology in our portfolio, we now give our customers the ability to simultaneously detect both protein and RNA at the single cell level by flow cytometer using our PrimeFlow™ assay and by microscopy use our ViewRNA™ cell assays. Our QuantiGene® Plex assay uses Luminex® technology coupled with branched DNA to allow the quantitation of up to 80 genes in a single well from a sample lysate with no enzyme based amplification.
The Technical Sales Specialist will comprehend and utilize product features, benefits and applications accompanied with selling and business building skills to successfully promote and consummate the sale of Company products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan.
The Technical Sales Specialist will also be the primary driver of business development at assigned major customer call points to penetrate and grow current and new business. The Sales Specialist will be recognized as a technical leader within the sales force that drives strategic objectives and adoption of innovative products.
This individual’s responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following specific responsibilities:
• Drive sales activities to close opportunities to meet or exceed revenue goals, profit goals, and market share goals consistently within expense guidelines
• Demonstrate clear product/technology expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert in Immunoassays
• TSS is a highly technical position and requires in depth knowledge of branched DNA products within the Antibodies and Immunoassays portfolio and services to support both account managers and distribution partners
• Generates, qualifies and closes sales leads by building a strong pipeline, focused on technologies including PrimeFlow™, ViewRNA™, QuantiGene® Plex and QuantiGene® SinglePlex assays
• Visit all customer levels and functional areas, using solution selling techniques within assigned territory to influence purchasing decisions
• Work as a team member with their Flow Cytometry instrument TSS and within the broader EMEA Flow Cytometry and Immunoassay sales team for lead generation and closing opportunities
• Engage with our distribution channel partners to train on the portfolio, generate leads and close opportunities
• Demonstrate use of advanced selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating the value proposition and closing. Has proven solution and large opportunity selling skills
• Develop presentations and customer proposals including structuring appropriate pricing and contract milestones
• Prospect for new opportunities to successfully develop leads and sell assigned portfolio of products and services
• Set-up and coordinate technical product presentations by and / or with internal customers such as Research & Development, Marketing, other Sales Specialists and / or Field Application Scientists either on customer site or locally
• Communicates effectively, and is the ‘connector’ within the large matrix between customer, field application specialists, commercial sales team, product management, different sales teams, support, service, marketing, executive, and other salient groups to develop business
• Maintain and increase current customer database through company customer relations management software
• Field travel as necessary (50% or more)
• Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities
• Provide comprehensive information on all activities to Direct Manager, Sales Representatives and District Managers in supported territories
• Participate consistently and play an active positive role on regional calls and other operating mechanisms
• Provide regularly oral and written communication of successes, failures, best practices etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization
• Contact and return calls to research scientists and management contacts at all accounts for sales presentations, information through telephone, e-mail or personal visits daily
Experience & Technical Requirements
• Requires a Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and industry/functional experience
• Sales experience in life science research industry serving academic, industrial, medical school, hospital, government, biotech and biopharmaceutical accounts
• Ability to navigate accounts in broad geography effectively and advance the capital equipment sales process consistently
• Highly proficient sales and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple high value, long sales cycle business opportunities simultaneously
• High motivation and energy level to develop new business
Fluent in German & English, additional languages would be an asset.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.