Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual revenue of more than $20 billion, we employ approximately 65,000 people in over 50 countries.
UnityTM Lab Services is a business segment that supports the Customer Channels Group, which provides critical outsourced on-site services at customer locations focused on improving supply chain and research operations efficiency and effectiveness. Examples of these services are Stockroom and point-of-use inventory management, sourcing and order management, dock management, asset management, and laboratory support services including glassware washing, gas cylinder management, and media preparation. We provide services at over 400 customer sites globally, which deepens the customer relationship and creates value for our customers through improved productivity, data to drive decisions, and lowered operating costs.
Logistikmitarbeiter/in Materialplanung VMI
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function could include: inventory management, order management, chemical management, glassware washing, material handling, and media preparation. This position will utilize the functionality of systems and applications relevant to the job function, such as: StockBoss, IBS, chemical management software, procurement applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have a basic understanding of the performance metrics applicable to site specific activities.
- High School Diploma or country equivalent.
- Knowledge of logistics and consignment stock experience (when inventory management is included in customer engagement)
- Good German language skills, English is preferred
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment a plus.
- Good organization and time management skills
- Able to use a computer and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- Able to lift, push and pull 15-20 kilograms consistently; may be required to lift 25 Kgs.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
- Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organization
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Company pension scheme and other fringe benefits
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join