How you’ll make an impact
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What you will do
As the Director, Talent for our Customer Channels Group, you’ll be responsible for defining, developing and executing global talent strategies in support of their overall business plan and direction of the organization. Specifically, you will build and manage the business’ workforce plan and utilize that information to drive all aspects of the employee lifecycle including talent acquisition, onboarding and assimilation, early pipeline development, leadership development, organizational and performance management, succession planning and more. You’ll work closely with the Talent Center of Excellence (COE) to ensure tight alignment between the company’s long-term talent strategy and the Group talent strategy.
- Establish the Group’s overall talent strategy, approach and appropriate processes to build an enduring, deep and diverse pipeline of future leaders and increase mobility of exceptional talent within the Groups and across Thermo Fisher.
- Using tools created in the Talent COE, build and actively monitor a Group workforce plan to systematically and proactively avoid talent surpluses or shortages given the organization’s short and long-term objectives.
- Work with the Talent COE and other Talent leaders to shift from a talent ‘silo’ mindset (amongst HR and business leaders) to a culture of career growth and talent mobility across the company.
- Oversee Group Talent Acquisition teams to stay abreast of open requisitions, prioritize critical roles to be filled, and be a catalyst for actively moving high potential internal talent into open roles.
- Oversee Group Talent Development teams to identify needs and implement talent and leadership development interventions and solutions.
- Partner with the Talent COE to ensure managers at all levels excel at identifying, selecting, onboarding and assimilating exceptional new talent into the organization to reduce attrition and maximize productivity.
- Partner with the Talent COE to actively support structured internship and undergraduate/graduate leadership programs to build early career talent pipelines.
- Drive all activities associated with the Performance Management cycle (i.e., goal setting, mid-year reviews, calibration, development planning, year-end reviews) and provide support to leadership that includes, but is not limited to, training, development and overall communication and awareness process.
- Manage strong succession planning and long-term projections of leader vacancy needs.
- Develop strategies to retain and motivate talent, including leadership on yearly involvement surveys, and engagement-related initiatives.
- Partner in executive assessment and selection processes for executive band positions
- Assist with Due Diligence for and provide talent leadership and support for new office openings and acquisitions.
- Provide organizational talent and development to support Companywide organizational changes.
How you’ll get here
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters degree preferred
- 10-15 years experience in talent management within large global organizations
- Experience leading talent acquisition and talent development
- Experience building and actively managing workforce plans to shape talent strategies
- Ability to create and communicate vision, mission, and strategies that align with overall business goals and objectives.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to link HR activities to key business initiatives.
- Experience leading, managing and building high caliber teams in a highly matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated success as a change agent for organizational transformation efforts.
- Excellent presentation, speaking and, communication (verbal and written) skills; ability to communicate and influence across the organization.
- Exemplary ethics and ability to drive and maintain a high-morale environment.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills evidencing the ability to think and act strategically
- Strong organization skills, highly detail orientated, with proven project management capabilities, including the ability to manage multiple key projects simultaneously.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join