Internal Job Title: Enterprise CDS Sales Specialist
External Job Title: Sales Specialist Chromatography Software
Reports to: Enterprise CDS Business Development Manager, EMEA
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual revenue of more than $20 billion, we employ approximately 65,000 people in over 50 countries.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently seeking a CDS Sales Specialist to drive Enterprise Chromatography Data System (eCDS) business across the EMEA region. The role will focus on enterprise projects for our Chromeleon Chromatography Data System. Chromeleon is a premier Chromatography Data System (CDS) which controls over 400 different LC, IC, and GC instruments and accessories from more than 30 manufacturers, with full bi-directional communication, extensive command options and detailed event tracking. Chromeleon CDS provides instrument control, data analysis, reporting and compliance-readiness.
- Drives commercial sales of eCDS across the EMEA Region
- Provides pre-sales technical support to the EMEA field sales organization and local third parties.
- Provides training and coaching to the EMEA commercial team to encourage development of the regional eCDS business
- Develops services team domain knowledge of Chromeleon eCDS by offering training, coaching and general technical assistance
- Provides pre-/post-sales training and technical support to Chromeleon enterprise customers as required.
- Provides business presentations and demonstrations of eCDS at trade shows, user meetings, customer meetings and other customer events.
- Drafts technical proposals and bids for eCDS
- Strong business acumen with broad knowledge of customer requirements, industry trends and competitors.Works closely with the Chromatography field sales,Center of Excellence (CoE) and Regional Sales Support instrument groups to encourage hardware sales in Chromeleon enterprise environments.
- Successfully implements the division’s products to customers’ needs.
- Identifies and interprets customers’ requirements shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicates these to customers.
- Provides technical assistance, consultation and problem solving to customers as necessary and expedites orders.
- Serves as a channel of information and feedback to the division about eCDS customers, markets and competition.
- Receives guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the division.
- Coordinates with divisional resources in the performance of all responsibilities
- Strategic account management within the scope of eCDS market.
- Arranges services schedule with customer base.
- Arranges technical support with the customer base.
- Degree level qualification in a scientific discipline.
- Broad experience of one or more of the following industries: Pharma/Biopharma,CRO, Food/Flavours, Chemical, Environmental, Forensics, Toxicology
- Preferred: 3-5 years sales experience selling enterprise software and/or capital equipment
- English fluent, German a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills.
- Accurate forecasting ability.
- Willingness to travel throughout EMEA (up to 70%) and globally.
- Chromeleon expertise is an asset
- Broad business scope
- Understanding of the sale and implementation of enterprise software solutions
- Experience with Windows network environments
- Knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle databases is preferred.
- Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organization
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Company pension scheme and other fringe benefits
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join