Field Application Scientist
Job ID :
South Korea - Seoul
Field Application Specialist
Based in Seoul, Korea
Based in Seoul, Korea
Provides scientific expertise and applications support and training to customers on Thermo Fisher Scientific products through a variety of interfaces including in-person, phone and email communications. Partners with sales reps in the field to deliver product line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities and solve customer escalations effectively. Acts as a trusted expert to our customers, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty and contributing to the overall success of the business.
- Performs product demonstrations at customer or company sites
- Prepares and presents seminars to wide array of audiences
- Helps support technical training for Sales Representatives as appropriate.
- Collaborates with Sales Representatives to develop technical selling strategies.
- Participates in the field test site determination process.
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at trade shows and vendor shows to present Thermo Fisher Scientific products and gather information.
- Accompanies Sales Representatives on sales calls in customers' laboratories to provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries.
- Supports conditional sales placements in the field through on-site visits and telephone communication.
- Generate and record opportunities related to the Thermo Fisher Scientific workflow including Service contracts.
- Provides troubleshooting support to customers in the field or by phone/email. Resolves and/or escalates customer issues & complaints.
- Provides start-up applications training to customers in their laboratories or as an instructor at Thermo Fisher Scientific training centers.
- Demonstrates basic operating and troubleshooting procedures for Thermo Fisher Scientific‘s (instruments) workflow.
- Coordinates cross-functional engagements for significant situations that require unique and/or urgent response from customer facing team members.
- Plans and delivers user meetings in house or in the field.
- Provides and continuously update customer contact relevant information. Track, record and document relevant information from all technical enquires from customers.
Other Roles & Responsibilities
- Reports on activities in the field on a regular basis to Manager and Sales partners through written reports and regular telephone conversations.
- Reports on technical trends going on in the territory by relating customer concerns and issues to the appropriate internal partners.
- Stays current on scientific and industry trends and innovations.
- Participates in inter-departmental projects.
- Accountable for managing expenses, scheduling and tracking activities.
- Participates actively to support Sales and Service meetings as required.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- MS or PhD is strongly preferred
- Experience using CE, qPCR, PCR, NGS.
- 1+ year of working with Thermo Fisher Scientific instruments a strong advantage.
- Experience in a clinical, diagnostics and/or regulated market
- Experience in a customer-facing role and/or providing technical and scientific presentations to a variety of audiences is strongly preferred.
- Is strategic, astute and forward-thinking
- Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Ability to effectively manage priorities across the organization and adjust as needed
- Good command of English