When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Test Technician will be responsible for assembling and testing electro and mechanical
subassemblies to drawings, BOMs and work instructions to meet quality standards and production
schedules. The Test Technician tests scientific instruments using computers to identify and debug
mechanical and electrical problems
The Test Technician is responsible for rejecting parts to MRB. This position will participate in daily
stand-up meetings and daily 5S walks. It requires knowledge of, or the ability to train to 5S, personal
safety equipment, and ISO expectations. Knowledge in Process Improvement Practices, Process
Control Monitoring, and Data Entry into PC database/spreadsheets is required. Must be familiar with
PC operations, and a basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows 7 operating system is
required. The Test Technician is responsible for other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- A High School education or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 1-3 years experience in mechanical assembly with some experience in Clean Room Assembly
- Testing Scientific Instruments is required
- Requires the ability to read and understand assembly level drawings, Work Instructions,Procedures, and other manufacturing documentation.
- Requires the employee to follow written procedures (SOP's) with attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- Must be proficient with basic assembly tools such as wrenches, screw drivers, torque tools, etc.
- Must be able to communicate information with others, and read/speak/write English.
- Basic problem solving skills and organizational skills are required.
- Knowledge using SAP is a plus. Knowledgeable in Helium Leak Testing is a plus.
- Standing, sitting, walking, detailed assembly work with hands, computer work.
- Must be Able to lift up to 35 lbs up to 5 times per day.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join