How you’ll make an impact
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What you'll do
As the Workforce Planning Analytics Lead you will develop a core set of workforce planning tools and processes and then leverage data and business acumen to formulate insights and perspectives that influence labor strategies and workforce plans. You'll partner with Group Talent leaders across Thermo Fisher to drive operational excellence in all workforce planning processes in support of both short and long-term needs.
- Be the primary liaison to the Head of Talent Operations by:
- Partnering with the HR Technology Services Team to develop a core set of workforce planning tools and processes, including the talent dashboard, to be used by Group Talent leaders who will then be responsible for developing and actively managing their own workforce plans
- Apply superior subject matter expertise in internal and external workforce trends to evaluate workforce plans, identify gaps and propose solutions to Human Resource (HR) and business/function executives.
- Actively monitoring the accuracy of Group workforce plans and when appropriate, recommending interventions to improve workforce planning effectiveness
- Ensure workforce plans take into account multiple cuts of our EE database, e.g., performance, potential, tenure (time in role, aging workforce) etc. to anticipate, forecast and drive vitality and mitigate risk.
- Actively monitor Thermo Fisher-wide headcount activity from temporary labor to early pipeline talent to experienced full-time professionals (hiring/movement/attrition).
- Providing requirements and ensuring flawless execution of HRIT initiatives, e.g., Kenexa, Workday, our MSP, our new TRP, etc.,
- Informing and updating key analytics on a talent dashboard and glean data insights to improve accuracy of workforce planning forecasts and overall productivity metrics e.g., time to fill, responsiveness to unanticipated hiring spikes, etc.
- Manage positive relationships with HR, Finance and the business in the implementation of companywide planning initiatives and workforce strategic planning.
How you'll get here
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Math, Social Science or Related Field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-10+ years of experience in business operations/strategy, HR analytics/workforce planning/business partner, or finance, and preferably 3-5+ years of work experience in business planning and strategy at a Global and / or Corporate/Function Level
- Must have a strong command in both soft skills (communicating, presenting, delivering high-quality customer service, and maintaining trust in professional relationships) and hard skills (advanced technical abilities in data wrangling, advanced analytical techniques, data visualization, and visual storytelling).
- Experience designing implementing and governing workforce planning tools and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend high level business requirements, develop and implement strategies and processes to address those requirements.
- Strong financial acumen of the connection between labor and business budgets (financial management, planning and analysis capability)
- Proactive partnering and consulting skills
- Solid program/project management skills with a proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management
- Passion for and demonstrated experience using data, analytics and consulting skills to provide innovative solutions and insights to enable informed workforce decisions.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, change and manage multiple priorities (both long and short term)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.