When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Planning Manager is responsible for the active management of assigned categories of Make To Stock and Make To Order consumable life sciences products, ensuring high levels of order fulfillment and inventory optimization, including the following elements:
What will you do?
- Organizational leadership and development
- Align resources with business needs, identify and resolve talent or headcount gaps. Recruit and optimize resources/organization to ensure growth of overall team skillsets as needed to achieve all current team objectives and anticipated future business needs.
- Order Fulfillment and Back Order Management (MTS & MTO)
- Achieve and maintain specified MTS/MTO Order Fulfillment and Back Order management objectives, driving optimal order fulfillment levels, ensuring balanced approach to product availability and working capital.
- Lead Planning team in taking all reasonable steps to avoid back order positions on all categories under direct or indirect management, and expeditiously resolve back orders should they arise, seeking out root causes and taking ownership for driving corrective actions.
- Escalate and resolve issues where there is reason to believe that extraordinary risk, duration, or magnitude of back order position exists.
- Inventory Planning and Management
- Achieve and maintain specified Inventory Optimization plans, driving optimal Inventory levels and minimizing Excess & Obsolete inventory risk.
- Safety Stock Management – actively maintain adequate safety stocks to ensure Back Order goals are met through judicious use of inventory and identify anomalies in demand or supply that require timely updating of safety stock targets to insure uninterrupted supply.
- Capacity Planning and Management - ensure valid Capacity plans are maintained for each category such that all key variances are identified and communicated to stakeholders for course correction or acknowledgement of departure from plan.
- Data Management - drive good use of all relevant tools, and take ownership for identification of – and resolution of – all data quality issues that may hinder the execution of duties within category and across sites where applicable.
- Training and Professional Development – both lead and participate in continuous training and education to ensure skillsets grow.
How will you get here?
BA/BS in Business or related field with minimum 10 years of experience in supply chain or operations management.
- Minimum of 5 years of people leadership experience and a minimum of 5 years of Planning specific experience in an MRP/ERP environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in ERP/MRP Planning systems. Strong knowledge of planning systems and data.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook).
- APICS Certifications highly desirable
- MBA and relevant professional certifications.
- Strong customer service focus to enhance satisfaction.
- Strong verbal communication skills to effectively communicate critical information.
- Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills to effectively deal with problems varying in complexity relative to job level
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join