This role will oversee Australia and New Zealand’s Supply Chain organization driving performance to optimize our end to end customer experience and deliver on our commercial commitments. This position has overall responsibility for operations, logistics, strategic sourcing and inventory with a strong focus on quality, cost control, and safety across all ANZ locations. This position is a key in ensuring business performance is met as a member of the ANZ Senior Leadership Team.
- Develop and drive a supply chain strategy focused on operational and customer excellence that aligns with our overall business strategy
- Create, manage and drive Key Performance Indicators (KPI) that will enable organizational vitality. Ensure our KPI’s are align to overall business goals, including a metric around our end to end customer experience to monitor our Company’s Customer Allegiance Score (CAS)
- Develop and manage a high performing team and a culture of excellence. Instil a sense of urgency and accountability
- Drive execution across the supply chain organization through strategic planning to ensure business objectives are met
- Partner with key stakeholders to optimize our customer experience. Take learnings from customer feedback to drive meaningful improvements across our organization, focused on optimizing our customer experience
- Drive a culture focused on continuous improvement using Daily Accountability, Tiered Daily Management, PPI Methodology and 5 S. Direct the development and implementation of Supply Chain Management tools for measuring, monitoring and proactively addressing planning/procurement issues
- Responsible for understanding and communicating with senior leadership key relevant market conditions, regulatory changes and operating metrics. Drive change management across the ANZ organization
- Expected travel requirements: 20-30%
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree business, supply chain or a related field. Master of Business Administration (MBA) or other advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant multi-discipline work experience which may include background in a commercial customer experience, finance, manufacturing, and/ or supply chain role.
- Experience operating at a senior management level and being a member of a leadership group
- Demonstrated track record in shifting business performance from a low to a high sustainable performance, in tough circumstances
- Strong PPI, Lean and or Six Sigma working experience with demonstrated achievement of continuous improvement through utilization of Lean tools
- Experience working within an environment focused on a sustained high performance expectations and tight lean budget structure
- Preferred understanding of the industry sector, the ANZ market and its key trends and potential opportunities and challenges
- Experience in leading teams of managers and individual contributors, with a track records of attracting and developing talent, developing bench strengths and managing a complex, diverse and dispersed workforce
- Experience in working in a global and matrix organisation with a decentralised model
- Experience acquired across several companies (preferred)
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Demonstrates visible role model leadership characteristics.
Attributes & Traits
- Persistence – a tendency toward passionate and steadfast pursuit of personally valued long term or lifetime goals, in spite of obstacles, discouragement or distraction
- Trust – an expectation of honesty, integrity and forthrightness on the part of oneself and others
- Adaptability – comfort with unanticipated changes of direction or approach
- Confidence – degree to which one is convinced that they control the course of events in their lives
- Curiosity – extent to which a person is likely to tackle problems in a novel way, see patterns in complex information and pursue deep understanding
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join