We are looking for an ambitious biologist to work in our Inside Sales Team as an
Inside Sales Representative (f/m)
Region: Darmstadt, Office based
Job ID: 59152BR
How will you make an impact?
With 65,000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition—accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. This position would also be an ideal entry position to start your career in industry!
What will you do?
- Selling consumables and instruments in a specific Inside Sales territory . Mainly through phone and emails.
- Telephone calls, Emails and regular visits to all organisational levels and functional areas where purchasing decisions are made.
- Report activities in the CRM system and summarise outcome to your direct line manager.
- Provide a weekly sales forcast based on historic data and market knowledge
- Develop and implement strategy for your territory to maximise growth
- Achieve sales targets set, both quarterly and annually
- Develop product knowledge sufficient to successfully conduct an effective telephone sales presentation of the entire Thermo Fisher Scientific Consumables Portfolio.
- Participate at exhibitions, conferences or road shows and customer visits and also initiate and run smaller sales events.
- Maintain and increase current customer database through Company customer relation’s management software (Siebel CRM).
How will you get here?
- You either hold a M.Sc. or preferably a higher degree in Life Sciences or you have successfully accomplished a vocational training as a laboratory technician or technical assistant.
- General knowledge of assigned product portfolio and/or customer segment required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills addressing diverse customer audiences and influencers in German and English.
- Fluent German and English language skills (miminum level C1).
- Develop analytical and business planning skills.
- Ability to function effectively in a high performance team.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and desire to succeed.
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility and motivation in adapting to a rapidly changing business environment.
- Develops organisational and priorisation skills.
- Job encounters a high degree of complexity.
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or like programs required
This position is hired on a fixed term period for approximately one year.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join