About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Shipping Lead position will require the employee to perform daily work functions while assisting the supervisor in leading the employees in meeting the departmental productivity, quality, service and financial goals.
- Perform shipping functions, scan, wrap, load and complete paperwork.
- Lead responsible for the daily distribution activities, productivity and quality within shipping department.
- Provide leadership and assistance with the daily operation of the department to meet all daily objectives with a high level of accuracy.
- Coordinate with Supervisor to ensure that staffing levels are appropriate to meet shipping and launch time goals.
- Organize and direct workflow for the department when supervisor is unavailable
- Provide instructions about standard operating procedures, material handling equipment and help in resolving problems.
- Train and asses temporary employees and new hires.
- Assist the supervisor in maintaining a safe, injury-free work environment.
- Afternoon shift approx. 12pm-9pm.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to complete each essential duty in a satisfactory manner and work in a team environment. Must be proficient in all aspects of distribution and departmental standard operating procedures.
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- General warehouse experience is preferred, preferably in the Shipping department.
- Prior experience operating a powered industrial truck.
- Preferred experience in computers and scanning equipment.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and posses problem solving abilities
- Role model leader adhering to the Thermo Fisher values (4 I’s).
- Lifts, carries, pulls and pushes up to 40 - 70 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally with or without accommodation.
- Ability to constantly stand and move around department required.
- Frequent walking, stooping, bending and reaching required.
- Must be willing to work weekday and weekend overtime as required.
- Regular, Reliable and Predictable Attendance necessary for adequate scheduling and coverage.
- Must be computer literate be able to utilize Microsoft Outlook and Word. Must have exposure to a WMS (Warehouse Management System).
- Supervisors should have or be willing to obtain a forklift certification and prior experience operating a powered industrial truck, preferably cherry picker and stand-up forklifts
- Must be able to lift, carry, pull, and push up to 40 - 70 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally with or without accommodation.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Flexibility and open to re-location within the U.S. distribution network.
- Role model leader with ability to lead with the Thermo Fisher values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join