As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 800 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. We employ experts in several different functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, support functions and supply chain. We hire experts in different engineering fields, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Vantaa site is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits.
Please find more information on www.thermofisher.com
Project Manager/Sr. Project Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting a Project Manager to our Clinical Diagnostics System (CDS) organization in Vantaa to manage global and multisite projects.
The project manager is responsible to lead development projects including regular projects progress reporting to management. We are looking for candidates with extensive proven track record in leading projects from start to finish, and possessing strong interpersonal, influencing & communication skills. We offer you the possibility to work in an exciting global projects with a strong visibility in the organization.
- Manage the development projects as part of the new product development program.
- Organize and execute projects in accordance with the business unit’s Product Development Process.
- Ensuring on-schedule and on-specification delivery of projects.
- Develop and maintain project plans and apply suitable project management techniques for efficient execution & progress tracking.
- Interact closely with R&D line management to ensure necessary resources are in place.
- Interface and work closely with multiple local and global R&D teams in the program.
- Interface and work closely with local and global QA/RA teams in the program to ensure compliance to standards and regulations, i.e. European IVD-CE and FDA 510(k) processes.
- Drive the quality, cost and predictability of projects.
- Develop and continuously improve project management practices in organization as part of the CDS Project Management Office.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Several years project management and/or team leadership experience in R&D.
- Proven track record in leading successfully projects from start to finish.
- Process oriented and structured working style plus capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- A bachelors’ degree or higher or equivalent experience in Engineering/technology, Biosciences, Microbiology, Chemistry, or other applicable field.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing & communication skills.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Finnish
- Availability to travel approximately 15% globally
We additionally value:
- Certification in project management (e.g. IPMA/PMP).
- Experience in IVD industry, especially CE-IVD and FDA regulations.
- Knowledge of LCMS technology.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 59113BR.Please apply by March 18, 2018.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Essi Lovén-Kujala, Senior Recruiter, 050-3586635, on Monday the 12th of March between 8-9.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.