Associate Contracts Counsel
Job ID :
Lithuania - Vilnius
Associate Contracts Counsel
- Perform the critical tasks of drafting, reviewing, negotiating, helping close, and maintaining signed commercial and intellectual property agreements supporting the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Draft and negotiate agreements with large industry-leading pharmaceutical, agricultural, biopharmaceutical, research and manufacturing companies, research institutes and also start-ups that enable the business units within GSD to sell products and perform services.
- Exploit opportunities based on technology owned by our Company or third parties;
- Purchase raw materials and services, and resolve commercial or other legal disputes.
- Support the Division Counsel and work with others Legal Department to provide guidance to business executives as well as global team members on a range of substantive legal areas.
- Serve as central point of contact for the business units of GSD, support and provide legal expertise.
- Draft, negotiate, and, if appropriate, seek approval for the execution of a range of commercial contracts, including third parties OEM and supply contracts, technology in-licenses, out-licenses, technical collaborations, joint development agreements, quality agreements, term sheets and other commercial agreements of varying complexity.
- Seek and provide appropriate guidance and involvement of/to other relevant functions, such as regulatory, intellectual property, licensing, business development, purchasing, accounting, sales, product management and marketing, and facilitate the approval of the appropriate management.
- Draft contract amendments and negotiate directly with external customers, interfacing with internal counsel as required.
- Perform analysis on legal rights, obligations, and strategies.
- Participate in due diligence and other activities relating to M&A and integration activities.
- Develop new and update existing contractual documents and constantly work with the business on improving processes to ensure efficient support.
- Train internal clients on risk management and how to effectively engage with the Legal team.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant legal experience, including contract preparation, negotiation and related activities resulting in a strong, experienced working knowledge of contract law and risk allocation.
- Ability to understand and frame legal and related business issues.
- Perform duties proactively and independently with minimal instruction given on new projects or assignments.
- Ability to work through and resolve problems of highly diverse scope and moderate to high complexity.
- Multiple tasks must often be performed contemporaneously, involving commitments of moderate levels of funds or other resources, and requiring understanding of issues surrounding personnel, finance, contracts, corporate structure, and technology.
- J.D. degree and admission to state bar is required.
- A degree or significant experience working in life sciences is preferred, as is a basic working knowledge of patent law.
- Commercial experience and working knowledge of standard business processes is essential.
- Excellent writing, negotiation and communication skills.
The company offers:
- The innovative environment of the rapidly growing international company.
- High performing, driven and supportive working culture and outstanding development possibilities to increase your potential.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join