When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
The Sales Engineer for this position is located in Shanghai reporting to the Sales Manager, responsible for Shanghai general Industrial key account (except of biotechnology and bio-pharma customers).
The incumbent will maintain and improve existing customer relations while establishing new accounts as well. This position will be charged with increasing profitable sales by selling consumables and lab equipment. The incumbent will negotiate and close sales, be responsible for operational analysis of customers, pricing and projects.
Working this position will require excellent communication skills and abilities to resolve account issues, Days Sales Outstanding-DSO, accounts payables for the territory, and the ability to respond to e-mails and voicemails in a timely manner.
In this role, you will be responsible for
- Proven ability to call on customers in territory assigned, plan schedule, organize and control daily tasks, functions and duties to yield maximum sales results from efforts
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers
- Evaluate and communicate product and service needs for assigned account
- Complete all required administrative duties, including but not limited to all daily / weekly reports to management, maintain follow up files and communicate results
- Ability to apply consultative selling skills and ‘close the deal’
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a heavy workload
- Articulate communication skills (in person and over the phone)
- Has the experience on providing total solution for customer or at least providing an equipment package for customer.
- Proven sales track record
- Industry track record for securing new business preferred
- Proven abilities in the area of competitive account development
- Proven abilities managing new contract/account roll-outs
- Manage overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management
- Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base in territory
- Acquire knowledge to understand Thermo Fisher pricing and operational systems
- Bachelor degree is required, and Master degree are preferred.
- 2-3 years working experience in sales.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, customer focused, willing to take initiative
- Fluent in English and Mandarin, both written and oral
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join