When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Job Title: Site Specialist
As a member of the onsite Unity Lab Services team, this position is responsible for customer service and warehouse duties. These include: Glass ware washing, biohazardous waste removal, preparing shipments of hazardous substances, and dock management. A successful applicant will be required to enter into lab spaces and perform various physical tasks in a safe manner.
This role will work in a vivarium / animal facility / controlled environment. As an onsite representative of Unity Lab Services, daily communication with customers and other onsite team members is required.
This position requires successful completion of a background and drug test; including but not limited to occupational fitness assessment, respiration fit test, and ability to work in a federal regulated environment.
- Follow well defined work procedures and instructions.
- Independently make decisions and utilize available resources to meet customer requirements.
- Analyze/maintain/reconcile various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Appropriately escalate customer concerns/problems to manager
- Effectively communicate with customer
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Computer literate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Work Overtime, as required
- Lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Ability to walk up to 5 miles per day
- Valid Michigan driver’s license
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Effectively communicate with various levels of personnel at the customer site
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Collaborative work style
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and courteous
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong problem solving ability
- Works effectively with a diverse, cross-functional team
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join