When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Supervisor, Quality Control is responsible for the direct supervision of QC Scientists / Engineers according to established policies and under management guidance. Review product batch records to disposition product intermediates and finished goods. Administer company policies that directly affect QC personnel. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; resource planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance and disciplining employees.
What will you do?
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the Clinical Chemistry group and directly provides guidance to the QC Scientists / Engineers to achieve site goals, and to complete assignments and projects, as well as adhere to production schedules.
- Conduct routine analysis of raw materials, intermediates, filled reagents and/or finished kits according to approved procedures.
- Review and approve QSR documentation in order to support compliance and quality requirements.
- Perform and support the investigations for out of specification failures, nonconformance reports, and CAPAs.
- Provide for the continual development and training of QC Scientists / Engineers.
- Assure compliance with QSRs and ISO regulations in the performance of department responsibilities.
- Actively manage the continual improvement of the group to performance of department responsibilities. ensure full compliance of all QSRs and ISO regulations, and site initiatives.
- Support the transfer of new products into Production.
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the department as assigned by the Sr. Manager.
How will you get here?
- Minimum BS/BA in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Bioscience with 5 years Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience; or 3 years and an advanced degree or equivalent work experience.
- Direct supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong command of Quality System Regulations and ISO.
- Skilled at analyzing data and summarizing results, as well as generating performance metrics to drive corrective actions.
- Strong math skills including calculation of concentrations and dilutions and a strong grasp of algebraic concepts.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- High level of reading comprehension skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions with a high level of accuracy.
- Working knowledge of clinical analyzers is preferred.
- Must be able to write clear, understandable documentation.
- High level of verbal communication skills, and functional leadership skills.
- Strong Word/Excel skills.
- Strong organizational skills to be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and the ability to appropriately prioritize tasks.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join