About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of the R&D project portfolio, tracking progress of projects within a Phase-Gate system.
- Calculating and reporting performance metrics relating to R&D.
- Liaising with R&D, Product Support, Product Evaluation, Marketing and other departments as necessary to acquire required information.
- Providing support and training to project managers and teams, enabling effective project progress and efficient compliance with mandated processes, with a focus on partnering for business success and sharing best practice.
- Assessing compliance of projects with standard processes and escalating unresolved concerns to the Projects Office Manager.
- Attending project and programme review meetings as required to facilitate the above.
- Facilitation of the “lessons learned” and other reviews and the Project Uncertainty and Risk Management process.
- Complying with Company Quality and other standards.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the Projects Office processes through proactive engagement with the role.
- Providing general assistance to the Projects Office Manager and deputising for the Projects Office Manager.
- Where applicable, managing the renewal, extension or cancellation of existing patents and trademarks, by liaison with corporate IP experts, patent attorney firms, project teams and the Projects Office Manager as appropriate.
- Where applicable, participating in projects in a more direct capacity as independent person for design review, team member or leader.
- A life science degree, such as microbiology, biological science, with knowledge and experience of microbiology practices
- Understanding of Project Management and Quality principles and methods
- Good communications skills, self-motivation and ability to work for extended periods without direct supervision
- Ability to interact with people at many levels in the organisation and from diverse functions
- Meticulous accuracy in dealing with details of both verbal and numerical information
- Confidentiality in handling sensitive commercial and personal data
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Project Management qualifications
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of Phase-Gate processes
- Knowledge of Design Control principles and practice
- Working knowledge of SAP or equivalent (preferred)
- Knowledge of the basics of patent and trademark law
- Familiarity with company and competitor branded products
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join