Job Title: Software Engineer II
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world. Visit us at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Introduction to the Division /Function: Emerging Technology
Emerging Technology is Thermo Fisher’s “Software Engineering” centre of excellence in Bengaluru. This centre of excellence provide the world-class software and cloud computing service that the scientific community demands. Cloud computing is a recent technological development with the potential to significantly change lab workflows and facilitate access to powerful data analysis techniques. It will serve as an extension of Thermo Fisher’s Software R&D teams while enhancing its responsiveness to the needs of customers globally.
The role is of a hands-on back end developer (individual contributor) who is motivated with an art of programming thereby actively contribute to the development of new features. The role is expected to make a difference to the product in terms of the quality, agility and contribute towards identifying technical risks and alternate solutions to various problems.
- Responsible for ownership of multiple significant software modules.
- Responsible for leading the integrity of technical work on significant concurrent projects.
- Plans, participates and performs the technical work of an assignment.
- Provides guidance regarding programming activity to other peers on technical aspects relating to the project.
- Leads the implementation, automated unit and integration testing, debugging and integration of code of extreme complexity across multiple concurrent projects.
- Proactively looks for ways and patterns to continuously automate feature testing with measurable and tangible goals
- Actively participate in various scrum ceremonies such as Story grooming, sprint planning sessions etc.
- Establishes and maintains thorough and accurate documentation of all work.
BE/BTech or equivalent in computer science, electrical/electronics engineering, or related field is required, with a minimum of 4+ years of directly related work experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive expertise in Java, J2EE, Spring. Expertise in OOAD principles and methodologies (e.g. UML).
- Web Service design experience: SOAP Request/Response handling, authentication, REST APIs
- Experience with databases, persistence frameworks, and SQL
- Extensive knowledge and discipline in software engineering process and data structures.
- Expertise in Configuration Management tools and concepts required
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum/XP)
- Having a wide range of experience and understanding of trends and technologies uses technical knowledge to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Proficiency with Internet technologies (e.g. HTML, XML, TCP/IP) and AWS are a plus.
- Proven expertise in Networking technologies and multi-threaded programming.
- Designing large-scale, highly available distributed software
- Experience with development on one or more mobile platforms a plus.
- Expertise in Windows/Linux programming.
- Exposure to design, development and automated testing of SaaS products.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join