Technical Sales Specialist, Measurement and Control
The Measurement and Control business unit, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific Bioproduction Division, is a world leader in the supply of instruments, systems, and services used to measure and control bioproduction processes. The Technical Sales Specialist responsibilities include the sales of a complete line of modular control systems for USP and DSP and services to all applicable markets in EMEA Central region including Germany, Switzerland and Austria. Working in conjunction with a blended sales channel including key account managers and business specialists, the Technical Sales Specialist will be responsible for managing major accounts and growing the region for our products and services.
- Prospect and maintain customer base for all markets.
- Perform technical consultative selling.
- Strong relationship building and good process automation skills required.
- Implement strategic sales initiatives into the region that complement the corporate goals and objectives.
- Manage representative channel including forecasting, establishment of sales goals and pipeline management.
- Participate in trade shows and local technical seminars as required
- Travel within the territory will be at least 50% of the time.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to sell up into organizations
- Fluent German and English is a must.
- Well versed in value selling techniques.
- Experience in selling to the biopharma industries preferred.
- Familiarity with GMP regulations and process engineering would be of significant benefit.
- Must possess strong listening skills and ability to listen to technical specifications and coherently relay requirements to factory.
- Ability to multi-task with an attention to detail.
- Must have strong customer service and relationship building skills within industrial marketplaces.
- BS degree preferred.
- Well versed in Word, Excel, and PPT at a minimum.
- Five (5) years minimum experience in sales/marketing in a related industry
- Employment with an innovative, growth-oriented organization
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Company pension scheme and other fringe benefits
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join