When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
We are seeking a passionate marketing professional to join a newly formed team that will transform how we engage with researchers in the life science community. This exciting role will be part of the team that develops and delivers a novel customer loyalty strategy that will both delight our customers and change our personalized marketing initiatives for the Life Science Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
How will you make an impact?
The Market Development Manager, Personalized Marketing, will be responsible for driving awareness, engagement, value realization, and revenue for the Loyalty program. The marketing professional will be building data-driven, personalized, Omni-channel marketing programs across our customers’ lifecycle.
The position reports to the Senior Manager, Personalized Marketing, BID Customer Loyalty Marketing and works closely with business and functional teams, within the division and across the wider organization, as needed to deliver world class experience to our customers.
The professional who best fits this position is passionate about customer success, engagement and loyalty and is determined to deliver results through continuous improvement of our customers’ all around experience. To be successful, this professional must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment at a global level and collaborating with large cross-functional teams across the organization.
What will you do?
- Plan and execute on the development, testing and optimization of our personalized marketing programs for BIDs overarching loyalty strategy and support corresponding initiatives working closely with stakeholders across the wider organization.
- Utilize a solid understanding of our customers’ life-cycles and drivers that influence customer behavior and lifetime value to develop and execute on personalized marketing plans to acquire, engage, retain and win back members.
- Leverage data-driven insights to create effective marketing content and to deliver the most relevant message to the right individual at the right time across offline and offline channels.
- Develop and execute on cross-sell and upsell programs to drive incremental revenue from the Loyalty member base.
- Utilize data and analytics to report on and manage performance of personalized Omni-channel marketing programs to deliver on business and channel goals and to guide customer-centric action plans that drive profitable growth of loyalty members.
- Evaluate new innovative opportunities, prioritize for testing, and support the execution of ‘test and learn” to increase engagement to successfully optimize our personalized marketing programs.
- Responsible for achieving growth, engagement, and retention targets for each personalized marketing program and for planning and executing on annual marketing campaigns to meet them.
- Works closely with Benefit Managers, Global Market Development, Regional Market Development, eBusiness, Digital Analytics and business unit product management teams to ensure member adoption success, engagement and conversion.
- Contribute to the development of strategic marketing plans for cross-BID programs and coordinate with global marketing to ensure transparency and alignment of key programs is established. Share best practices to enhance success.
- Stays abreast on novel marketing technologies/capabilities and integrate new solutions where needed to increase overall marketing effectiveness.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get here?
- A minimum of 3-5 years in a marketing role that includes solid experience successfully implementing marketing plans across channels. Loyalty program experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business desired. Background in Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline is a plus. M.B.A. preferred.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with customer journey mapping, life-cycle campaigns, personalization, automation, dynamic content, and segmented communication strategies preferred.
- Familiarity with test and learn approaches preferred.
- The market development manager must demonstrate strong knowledge of and leadership in the following key competencies: 4Ps and marketing mix, marketing communication, communication channels, customer segmentation, value proposition and marketing program development and execution.
- Effectiveness in this role requires excellent listening skills, the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing, and a general knowledge of operating plans as well as industry practices for promoting and selling similar products.
- This position requires a very team-oriented approach and interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel.
- Strong professional networks and the ability to influence without authority are required.
- The role may require some direct customer contact (such as at events).
- Persuasive communication across a diverse group of stakeholders and presentation acumen, as well as analysis and reporting of results are required.
- Strong marketing mindset and customer focus are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work across divisions and with consulting agencies to tackle business improvement problems.
- Experience with planning, executing, and tracking large marketing projects and budgets.
- BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, or other business required. BA/BS in science with marketing experience also accepted.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently with broad guidance against a framework of defined business objectives.
- Strong (written and verbal) communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative and able to build strong relationships quickly.
- Knowledge of direct marketing (outbound and inbound) trends and tactics.
- Must be able to derive insight and provide actionable recommendations to leadership.
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join