When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Manufacturing Technician will maintain manufacturing & testing processes to support production delivery, cost and quality goals. Technician must be a TEAM PLAYER and very safety conscientious. Duties include but are not limited to manufacturing, calibrating & testing electro-mechanical assemblies and focusing x-ray sources. Technician will utilize assembly drawings, process instructions, bill of materials, hand tools, digital meters and high voltage equipment.
As a skilled specialist, holds an advanced understanding of electronics theory. Has considerable autonomy in decision-making to resolve issues.
- Work safely and apply 5S principles to work area. Use lean practices to reduce production bottlenecks, eliminate waste and reduce cycle time.
- Attention to detail so that quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Complete assignments according to the established standard times.
- Ability to work effectively in a team based, fast paced environment.
- Assembly of electronic and mechanical assemblies
- Testing and troubleshooting of electronic circuits and high voltage power supplies
- Utilize DVMs, Oscilloscopes, high voltage power supplies, Microsoft Excel focus tables, and other electronic equipment to calibrate x-ray sources
- Competent in PCB assembly techniques with demonstrable surface mount hand soldering and PCB troubleshooting capability
- Work with and around high voltage systems and components
- Participate in Continuous Improvement programs
- Document non-conformances.
- Perform other job tasks as assigned
- Uses common electro-mechanical assembly tools safely
- Uses analog and digital technical equipment
- Reads electronic component values, mechanical assembly drawings
- Comfortable reading and writing formulas in Microsoft Excel
- Cycle count program processing and problem resolution
- Picks inventory parts to fill manufacturing and customer needs
- Writes engineering change requests to address production, documentation, or design problems
- Gets information needed to do the job
- Meets or exceeds quality and quantity work standards
- Keeps work areas clean and orderly
- Practices work safety at all times
- Must have High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a test technician required.
- Technical certification required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join