When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Sr. Program Manager of Account Operations is responsible for leading the account management field operations strategy and execution for assigned account. Primary role objectives center on delivering/exceeding contractual SLAs, annual sales and profit targets and driving high levels of customer satisfaction. This role works in close collaboration with the ULS operational leadership and commercial teams to define the growth strategy and tactics to maximize profitability and to create customer value.
What will you do?
- Owns delivery of AOP revenue and profitability targets for defined Enterprise Service Accounts
- Creates, and executes account operational support model and ensures the timely, effective and profitable delivery of all in-scope services to assigned customers measured via SLA/KPI scorecard metrics
- Responsible for overall account relationship management, internal and external.
- Works in conjunction with ULS operational management and commercial stakeholders to drive account strategy and execution of product pull through initiatives
- Coaches and mentors account operations team to support overall account strategy by producing goals/metrics, forecasts, and routine measurement of overall results against plans.
- Negotiate and approve larger service adds, deletes, change requests and renewals, up to authority limits in AAM, leveraging data and analytics to mitigate business risk and optimize results
- Drives account standardization through operational execution and compliance of the Managed Service and AMS account playbooks
- Owns pro-active escalation of all situations at assigned accounts where additional support is needed, driving solutions on behalf of the customer
- Owns program governance and value driven communication with customer. Conducts business reviews, highlighting delivered value and continuous improvement/growth opportunities.
- Oversee contract compliance at assigned accounts, review and adjustment as needed to maintain or improve expected account top-line/bottom line financial commitments
- Maintain high levels of customer allegiance leveraging CAS survey results for continuous improvement.
- Drives continuous process improvement. Simplifies, standardizes and ensures the organization’s processes remain current and cutting edge – utilizing PPI tools when appropriate
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's Degree; PhD in Chemistry discipline, Analytical Chemistry preferred
- 5+ years experience in Account Management or equivalent experience
- 5 years of lab and staff management
- Chromatography, Mass Spec, Atomic/Molecular Spectroscopy expertise
- Pharmaceutical lab environment
- Experience in delivering and managing Enterprise Service Solutions at customer sites
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and grow senior level customer relationships across multiple areas (i.e. Sourcing, Ops, Research, Materials Mgt, Quality, EH&S,Facilities)
- Excellent financial analysis and business acumen, negotiation, and project management skills
- Excellent analytics and presentation skills, with the proven ability to articulate how to use enterprise data and provide recommendations to drive value and continuous improvements both internally and customer facing.
- Ability to work under pressure, with a demonstrated ability to make decisions with minimal direct supervision
- Strong leadership skills in a matrix environment
- Change leadership skills and the demonstrated ability to effect change
- Demonstrate the Thermo Fisher Scientific values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Ability to travel 50%
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join