The team will develop tools, solutions, and processes to address:
- Infrastructure architecture and standards applied to applications developed for the cloud.
- IT operations process including ITIL based best practices such as change management, incident management, and problem management.
- Infrastructure as Code approaches of standardized infrastructure elements and automation for all aspects of the technology stack including AMIs, Operating Systems, Compute Instances, Load Balancers, Web Tier, Static Content, CDNs, No-SQL and SQL based databases, networking, and security policies.
- Comprehensive tools for backup, recovery, and disaster recovery.
- Automated deployments using AWS services and integration with Continuous Integration.
- Centralized logging, application instrumentation, monitoring, alarming, and reporting.
- Asset tracking and resource use management.
- Build and improve configuration and automation tools to remove manual steps in deploying, upgrading, and scaling systems and software across all environment.
Skill and Knowledge requirement:
- BS degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 5+ years of Linux system administration, software development, or DevOps
- Strong development experience in Automation using Python or other language.
- Experience with supporting Java or C# production applications
- Deployment of cloud infrastructure elements and environments
- Scripting and automation of common administrative tasks and repeatable system customizations
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Working knowledge of system configuration tools such as cfengine, chef, or puppet
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Practical knowledge of horizontally scaling application architectures
- Experience with Amazon EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, VPC, NAT, Load Balancer and S3 services
- Understanding of network protocols and troubleshooting
- Incident triage and resolution for all cloud infrastructure items
- Rigor in writing alert and notification definitions
- Understanding of standard IT operations processes such as ITIL
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication, and working with distributed teams
- Strong focus on results
- Solid analytical, design and problem diagnosis skills
- Ability to translate high-level technical requirements through all the levels of the software stack is essential
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join