When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide input and recommendations in improving supply chain strategies, policies and practices to achieve Best-in-Class Supply Chain Management.
- Lead problem resolution activities, when required, to insure timely deliveries to / from global locations to customers. Lead back-order reduction efforts.
- Provide necessary input, improvement suggestions, and participate in the monthly BU SIOP process. Own actions items relative to inventory changes.
- Lead and train members of the Supply Chain Planning team.
- Develop Item-level and the aggregate forecast for the relevant product families.
- Continuously improve accuracy of the aggregate forecast and key item / portfolio forecasts.
- Utilize statistical methods, such as Re-Order Points, and best practices for FG inventory planning.
- Develop and regularly update FG SKU inventory Re-Order Points (ROPs) to maintain agreed standard lead-times and service objectives while minimizing the use air freight and other expedite costs.
- Develop, maintain and continually improve inventory and service parameters and relevant supply chain master data settings in appropriate ERP systems for all SKUs and product families.
- In response to agreed to forecast and demand plan, create a supply plan that will result in achieving required service and inventory targets.
- Under the guidance of the BU Supply Chain Manager and in collaboration with BU SIOP Manager, develop and own inventory ramp-up plans for new products and promotions, and inventory “burn-off” plans for obsolete and discontinued products.
- Own and maintain appropriate Supply Chain Inventory Metrics relative to Finished Goods, such as on-hand inventory value, past due value and past due days of sales, Line Item Fill Rate (LIFR), Finished Goods (FG) DSI, and Slow Moving & Obsolete value.
- Working with Division Finance team help to utilize the capabilities of the Stratum®, SAP and other ERP applications to conduct cost/benefit analysis.
- Support development and implementation of the Lean Supply Chain.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant purchasing or planning experience 5 plus years preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or other business management discipline or related field.
- Experience in SAP MM/PP/DS or Oracle.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills to translate complex supply chain situations into terms clearly understood by various client groups including senior management.
- Strong analytical skills, combined with practical business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships across various functional teams.
- Sound knowledge of forecasting, inventory management, and production planning is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability in working well in a global organization within Operations and with external clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of tools. Ability to work independently, typically initiating own tasks with input/guidance from manager and/or director.
- Ability to thrive in a matrix and cross-functional team environment.
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements
- APICS certification is strongly preferred.
- Supervisory experience
- Relevant experience in the Life Science or Medical Device industry.
- Six Sigma Green / Black Belt Certification.
- Experience in SAP-APO, Demantra, JDE, or Oracle ASCP.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join