The OEM Sales Representative is responsible for all area sales and promotional activity of the Laboratory Consumable Division’s (LCD) capabilities and product portfolio to current and potential Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) customers within the assigned territory. This includes conducting sales meetings with customers, day-to-day selling of LCD products, field training of distributor sales personnel as well as conveying the sales policies and marketing/promotional programs of the various marketing support organizations.
Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Increase the sales volume of assigned accounts within his or her territory.
- Uncover OEM customers’ goals and objectives and demonstrate LCD’s products and capabilities to create solutions that enable customers to meet those goals and objectives while removing all competitive obstacles to secure an order for Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Aggressively seek new customers and new applications and uses for LCD Products.
- Remain alert to and report competitive products and sales practices. Help develop contingency plans to offset competitive programs.
- Remain aware of local market conditions, industry trends, user preferences, and to promptly report these with any recommended action.
- Prepare and submit call reports, account analyses, sales forecasts, expense reports, and other special communications as directed by the Director, OEM Sales.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, distributor training programs and trade shows as required.
- Effectively use time and territory management skills to maximize customer-facing time to generate new business and maintain existing business.
- Operate in a prudent fashion related to expenses and expense budgets and abide by Thermo Fisher Scientific’s expense policy.
- Set-up joint travel days with other LCD field representatives to increase awareness of product applications and potential opportunities.
- Conduct technical seminars on a regular basis.
- Provide routine feedback related to technology and customer needs to support new product development.
- Manage all logistics associated with completing a successful final product installation and customer training.
- Complete after sale follow-up with the customer to ensure satisfaction with our product performance. Coordinate service assistance as required.
- BS degree required, with studies in life science, business, or other related field strongly preferred
- Minimum of four years sales experience in science, OEM or packaging markets
- Post college work a life science laboratory preferred
- Experience in Industrial research, OEM applications and/or IVD Diagnostic markets preferred
- Previous successful experience in developing customer relations
- Experience in delivering effective presentations to customers including technical application users
- Ability to sell to all levels of an organization and effectively reach multiple decision makers
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong desire to succeed and ability to execute on multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive communications abilities
- High proficiency in PC software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM application)
- Willingness to travel extensively to accomplish assigned objectives (80% or greater by plane and automobile, overnights would be 40-50%)
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement (The Four I’s)
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join