When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
responsibilities will include:
- Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & Work Instructions. Take direction from site supervisors and/or team lead regarding daily duties.
- Manage consumable and chemical stockrooms to ensure uninterrupted flow of product to meet the Service Level Agreement (SLA) of the customer.
- Responsible to work with the supervisor and/or team lead to resolve all corrective actions resulting from outages and/or backorders that affect the end user community.
- Executes third party and specialized orders within service level agreement with the customer.
- Cross cover other inventory management duties and/or other staff onsite as needed.
- Works backorder report as required, determines status of backordered items, works to expedite and facilitate shipments, communicates with sales team and champions on ETA and/or cancellations.
- Recommends process improvements, communicates with direct supervisor and/or team lead, on customer issues or potential problems. Maintains, reports and improves upon the key performance indicators relevant to the operation.
- Customer retention: Interfaces with internal customers within segment responsibilities, ensures timely and accurate response to end users, provides superior overall service to the customer community, coordinates and synchronizes efforts with sales.
- Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements.
- Ensures all business rules and timelines established by the customer are met.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies
- Utilizes basic systems or performs the functions that support various product procurement, order processing and quotation activities.
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Intranet and SharePoint document management system as well as the customer's intranet site.
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations. Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Fisher.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Education required
- 1-3 years customer service experience
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Proven track record for excellence in interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills, critical to this role which works directly with internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated, stress and pressure resistant, positive attitude, proactive within job function.
- Highly organized, attentive to details, have strong prioritization/time management.
- Good attendance record
- Computer/software skills (Outlook, Excel, Word a must. PowerPoint a plus)
- SAP experience as well as inventory management experience is a plus.
- Understands key metrics and performance indicators (measure, impact, etc.)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities, ability to quickly absorb new concepts and handle multiple priorities while functioning in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, flexible.
- Other duties as assigned.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria: (List 3-5 key attributes, skills, or requirements that the candidate must have to be considered for this position)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or sciences strongly recommended, minimum HS Diploma required
- Requires strong customer relationship skills, proficiency in both verbal and written skills. This position requires an individual who must be able to communicate with various levels of the organization including daily and frequent interaction with the customer and end users.
- Good analytical skills are required to be successful in this position. This position is required to work closely with the customer and attend various meetings and training sessions required by the customer.
- Working Conditions:
- Works primarily at customer locations, in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments as well as an office environment
- Extensive walking is required
- Must be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Depending on area of building, specific training and/or personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
- Must be able to work overtime as required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join