This is a key role in the regional marketing team, having the responsibility to tailor and implement strategies at a local level while ensuring opportunities are communicated back into the global organization. As a member of the Americas marketing team, this role provides leadership and support in defining and improving products, strategic development and tactical implementation of key products and brand functions supporting the business plan. Responsible for defining, developing, and coordinating marketing goals and objectives, competitive analysis, promotional programs and return on investment measurement for various customer targets and segments. The Regional Market Manager must thrive working cross-functionally in a matrix structure, be detail oriented and self-managed, and have excellent verbal and written skills.
- Tailor and implement global strategies to meet the needs of locally segmented customers.
- Develop and implement region specific initiatives, campaigns and promotions working closely with Sales and Marketing Communications.
- Develop strategic market plans yearly.
- Take lead role in maintaining relevant industry databases to include competitive intelligence products, segments, trends, and dynamics. Analyze and interpret market research and surveys supporting the marketing objectives.
- Effectively collaborate with marketing peers, R&D, Business development to ensure successful implementation of product launches and customer initiatives.
- Identify business/customer segments (market segmentation) to allow for focused marketing efforts.
- Recommend, develop, and facilitate market research and customer surveys to better understand the business and product offerings.
- Lead evaluation and analysis of market conditions and revise strategies and tactics as needed to correspond with changing market conditions.
- Develop and maintain budgets, including sales and profits objectives, and advertising/promotional expenditures.
- Develop, recommend and coordinate promotional activity with Sales and Marketing Communication Departments.
- Support field sales through the design and presentation of sales tools and training modules and implement strong selling messages to address selling opportunities.
- Support and participate in Industry Trade Shows through attendance and marketing presentations.
- Interact, support and influence local government initiatives, policies or guidelines which may affect customers or product focus. Additionally work with Key Opinion Leaders on key initiatives.
- Ensure the Voice of the Customer (VOC), market environment and competitor insight is effectively communicated back through the organization
- In addition, other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
- Possess Bachelor’s degree (MBA is desirable).
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated and successful marketing management in the life science or diagnostics industry with special focus on clinical microbiology market.
- Demonstrated proficiency in business and sales acumen.
- Additional experience in Sales is desirable.
- Experience in development and execution of market plans delivering achievement of financial expectations and product line strategies.
- 20-30% Travel required.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Key abilities, skills, and competencies:
Building and Mending Relationships
Managing and Coaching
Initiative, persistence, determination, diplomacy and drive
Excellent presentation skills and an ability to engage an audience
Understanding of the healthcare, IVD and microbiology markets across the Americas
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join