When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Laboratory Product Division (LPD) provides market leading equipment, accessories, and services for sample preparation, storage and protection, and analysis. Examples of the products manufactured in Marietta include: Biological Safety Cabinets, CO2 Incubators, Cold Storage Equipment, Electrophoresis Equipment, Temperature Control Products and Water Purification Products.
As a Senior Manager Human Resources you’ll help build organizational effectiveness by managing, coordinating and implementing global HR processes and programs that increase the productivity and effectiveness of our employees. You’ll also play a critical role as a strategic HR business partner to the site Director of Operations and other organization leaders with in our Laboratory Products Division (LPD). You’ll be responsible for leading your team of HR Generalist and developing them as HR Professionals
Develop and Lead a Strong HR Team
- Leads a team of HR Partners to achieve a strong HR function, partnership with the business, and success of the workforce. Sets vision and direction for HR team; develops and implements HR Roadmap; ensures robust HR processes are in place; and enables team members’ development.
Influence Business Partners
- Acts as a strategic partner to the Site Leader and his/her leadership team to ensure alignment of human resources processes with business/site strategic and operating goals by designing and implementing organizational initiatives to build organizational effectiveness, to include performance
- Consults with all levels of management to effectively develop, train and retain employees. Consults with key leaders to develop succession plans via the Human Resources Review (HRR) Process.
Leads HR Strategic Initiatives
- Leads HR Initiatives for the site: partners with Site and HR Leadership to identify HR priorities; develops and implements holistic solutions; and measures success. Examples of initiatives include creating a Culture of Excellence and Leadership Development.
- Leads site through change management process.
Promote a Positive Environment for Employees
- Champions culture by leading initiatives aimed at culture change; embracing the values of the organization and exhibiting role modeling behavior; and ensuring the organization embraces the same values to maintain the company as an employer of choice where people are valued, engaged and developed. Drives employee involvement initiatives and change management efforts.
- Assures compliance with all applicable laws and corporate policies/guidelines remaining up to date on relevant country employment laws and other human resources compliance issues and updates management on policies/processes as necessary.
- Counsels managers and employees on employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal complaints to resolution, discipline and/or terminations, etc. in line with local culture and the business and legal environment. Capable of serving both as employer advocate and employee advocate. Is available to and approachable by employees and management; maintains an “open door” environment.
- Uses root cause analysis to address employee and management issues and resolve them through a systematic and analytical approach.
- Develops, gains approval, and implements programs geared towards employee engagement/allegiance.
Drive Successful Key HR Processes
- Ensure effective talent management including recruitment, assessment and development as the organization grows both organically as well as through acquisition. Assist managers in assessing and identifying resources to meet employee/departmental training needs and encouragement of employees to continuously develop their skills in their field of work.
- Manage the partnership with the talent acquisition center, including staffing coordination and job requisition management.
- Manages annual performance and salary review process
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy and integrity of data maintained in Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
Play a Role in Diverse Projects
- Champions site events including management liaison for social activities, recognition, and community activities including charitable contributions.
- Participate in the broader North America Generalist team to drive Core, Common and Consistent HR solutions such as process improvement as well as participating in other broad scale HR projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning program required. Majors in either Human Resources or a business related field required; an MBA or Masters in Labor Relations is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Human Resources (recruiting talent, consulting, employee relations, leadership development, talent development, etc.).
- Experience working in a variety of settings, with manufacturing experience strongly preferred.
- Experience managing a high-performance team desired.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with Business Leaders at various levels.
- Success in developing and implementing programs and processes that yield positive results.
- Must be able to think strategically, and partner with others to translate vision into results.
- Values and readily adapts to change; challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives within area of responsibility; capable of serving as a positive change enabler/agent.
- Supports the organization through dignity, respect for others, integrity and teamwork
- Must be highly organized to be able to multi-task, accomplish goals and meet deadlines and must possess strong project management experience.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication to express ideas verbally and in writing, document procedures create own correspondence. Must also have strong presentational skills to present programs/projects/ideas to the various levels of management.
- Must possess very proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and manage associated stress.
- Self-motivated; bias for action.
- Ability to travel 5-10%.
- Knowledge of HR system preferred.
- PHR/SPHR and/or other Professional Certifications desired.
- Manufacturing HR management experience desired.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join