in US - Ohio - Marietta
Posting date: September 22, 2014
Recommend and apply engineering methods and procedures to improve product quality to keep plant operational, eliminate waste, reduce cycle time, and improve operating performance. Provide technical support to manufacturing departments through the collection and processing of information relating to assigned projects, followed by evaluation of all information and alternatives resulting in recommendations for a course of action to management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide appropriate engineering services to management:
- Evaluate economic feasibility of capital projects and prepare justifications.
- Develop machine/manpower requirements and utilization for long-range business plans.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation on how to process the product, and documentation of fabrication and assembly processes.
- Resolve shop floor technical issues to achieve shop throughput and quality goals.
- Recommend Manufacturing processes and procedures, tools and equipment, layouts and methods to improve:
- Energy Utilization
- Set-up Time
- Value Added Operations
- Manufacturing Cycle Time
- Material Utilization
- FDA GMP ISO-9000
- Preventive Maintenance Program
- Third Party Certification
- Customer Satisfaction
- Evaluate product quality, cost, and throughput from Product Design Engineering and configure it for the production process.
- Actively participate in product development cycle to optimize product productivity.
- Review and approve Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s).
- Establish and maintain shop labor standards.
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obey all safety policies and procedures
- Perform all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values
- Perform all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements
- Drive Continuous Improvement initiatives and support all PPI, Keys and Lean projects
- Perform other duties and cross training as assigned
- Must have working knowledge of hard goods manufacturing processes and machinery, along with a good analytical ability to analyze present procedures and make recommendations for improvement to management.
- Must be able to resolve complex problems.
- B.S. degree in related engineering field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum two years working experience.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of various sheet metal fabrication and welding procedures and practices.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate same across department boundaries and with all levels of management.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and utilize CRT to perform job functions.
- Ability to sit and talk with suppliers on the telephone or in person for extended periods of time.
- Ability to handle internal and external customer complaints in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability work long hours under stressful conditions, closely and effectively with people of all levels of the organization to produce necessary results.
This position has been approved for Relocation Assistance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.