in CA - Ontario - Ottawa, CA - Ontario - Nepean
Posting date: December 11, 2013
Under the direction of the Senior IT team within Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will be responsible for solving basic to moderately complex technical/business computer related problems by creating, developing and implementing various computer program solutions. You will assist in the management and installation of systems, utilities, and other packaged programs and are accountable for the basic design, coding, testing, debugging and documenting the computer solutions created. You may also be asked to assist in the development of training for user groups on new applications and work on more complex assignments and major projects under the general direction of more senior IT staff.
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent education/work experience;
- 6+ years of analysis and programming experience; minimum 3 years of analysis and programming in COBOL for both CICS and mainframe batch applications is mandatory;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of TSO, OS/390 JCL, DFSORT, and VSAM file structured is preferred;
- Familiarity with Lotus Notes, .NET, Java or AS400 (RPGILE) is an asset.
If interested, please apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org